Working hard is dumb, if working hard means:
- You’re coming home unhappy most nights.
- Your family is unhappy with your dedication to work.
- You’re ruining your physical or mental health.
- What you’re doing is harmful to others.
- You’re working long hours when you could get more done in fewer hours.
Over the long run, everyone who accomplishes anything important will have to put in lots of time and effort. But on a day to day basis, it’s better to think in terms of working smart, rather than working “hard”.
Are you happy with what you’ve dedicated your time and efforts to? Are you using your time and energy in the smartest way possible?